Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Need help quick!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I am in the middle of a Downy dunk. I just rinsed out the Downy. Now do I steam the hair while it's wet or do I let it dry and then steam it? (I am using a ceramic flat iron on the lowest setting to steam.)

    Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    As long as you rinsed the downy, you might as well do it now. You have to wet the hair to steam with a flat iron anyway, so no sense really in waiting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks!! This is my first dunk. I have read where some people dry first, while it looks like in some of the albums that some people do it wet. Is it OK to brush wet hair?

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa*Olivia:
    Thanks!! This is my first dunk. I have read where some people dry first, while it looks like in some of the albums that some people do it wet. Is it OK to brush wet hair?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It should be fine to brush it wet although I usually comb it with a wide toothed comb.

    You only let the hair dry if you are going to use a dedicated steamer instead of the flat iron. HTH [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 18, 2006 07:48 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Use a ceramic flat iron while the hair is damp. It will dry the hair for you in one step. Youw ill be amazed at the results.

    Juliette

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would shampoo after you rinse out the downy. Rinse well. Then brush the hair wet.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After I rinsed out the Downey, I would both shampoo and condition the hair. The conditioner I used made the hair sofer. Then I brushed out her hair so it was easy to seperate to straiten. I put my ceramic straitener on the lowest setting and periodically turned it off and on to keep it cooler. One time (when I was using a VERY small strand) I held it in a spot too long and the hair melted. It was such a small underneath piece of hair there was no harm done and there is no reason to be worried. Just moniter it as you are going and you will be fine. Post pics with the finished result!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Everybody!

    It's funny -- you do all this research on how to do the dunk, but then when you are actually in the middle of it, you realize you forgot to ask certain questions or make note of certain details.

    Then you start freaking out and run to the HB!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How did it turn out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •